Bethlehem, Jerusalem & Jericho | 5 Days
Day 1 Airport – Bethlehem
Arrival and transfer from Airport to the hotel in Bethlehem for an overnight.
Day 2 Bethlehem
- The city were Jesus Christ was born has plenty to offer for the faithful.
- In this tour, you can visit the traditional old markets and the milk Grotto where Saint Mary nursed Christ.
- Second you can visit Church of the Nativity, built above the cave that venerates Christ's birthplace.
- The third stop is the Mar Elias Monastery. The site has been founded in the 6th century upon the belief that St. Elias rested there on his flight from the Vengeance of Jezebel.
- The stop after is Rachel’s Tomb where Jacob’s wife, Rachel, is said to have died while giving birth to her son Benjamin.
- Then, you will visit beautiful Mar Saba, the Greek Orthodox monastery. It is considered one of the world’s oldest monasteries established by Saint Saba in the 5th Century in the middle of the Judean Desert.
- Then, you can have a Palestinian dinner and overnight in Bethlehem.
Day 3 Bethlehem – Jerusalem – Bethlehem
Jerusalem, the cradle of Abrahamic Religions is the ultimate destination for Pilgrimage.
- We begin the day by visiting holy sites which include the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the holiest site in Christendom where Jesus Christ was crucified, buried and resurrected.
- We will walk along the Via Dolorosa, the infamous route where Christ carried the cross from the Roman fortress to the site of his crucifixion.
- You’ll get the chance to pray and meditate in the beautiful Garden of Gethsemane.
- After visiting the Church of All Nations, the place where Christ spent his last night, we will visit the Tomb of Virgin Mary.
- And finally we end the busy day, on the Mount of Olives, the emblematic hill boasts a view of the Old City in addition to a wonderful panoramic vista that extends towards the Dead Sea.
- Dinner and overnight in Bethlehem.
Day 4 Bethlehem – Jericho – Bethlehem
- From Bethlehem you will head to Jericho, most ancient city in the world, enjoying on the way views of the desert areas.
- Upon arrival in Jericho, you’ll visit the Monastery of Temptation, where Jesus spent 40 days and nights fasting and meditating.
- This visit it is followed by views of hills and rivers from Wadi Qelt, the valley above which St. George’s Monastery is carved, the Greek Orthodox complex built between the 5th and 6th centuries AD.
- The tour continues to a site where annual pilgrimage festivals are held and to a display of splendid architecture, Maqam Al-Nabi Musa "the Prophet Moses".
- Our day in Jericho will end with the Jordan river, the most sacred body of water in the Middle East, the site where Jesus was baptized, at Al Maghtas, where you can be ‘baptized’ again in a ceremony officiated by priests of various Christian denominations.
- Afterwards, we return to Bethlehem for Dinner and overnight.
Day 5 Bethlehem – Airport
After having breakfast, transfer to the Airport or Allenby Bridge.